Vetcentric understands that your privacy is important to you and is committed to complying with the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Vetcentric collects personal information from you directly, and from any of our partners with whom you do business. The personal pieces of information we collect are the name, business address, email address, fax number and telephone numbers, credit card billing, and financial information with regards to your use of our partners’ services. We collect this information in order to provide you our service.
From time to time we may also collect basic business contact information from business contacts with whom we deal (e.g. a contact person within one of our suppliers or a government agency with whom we deal).
How we use personal information
By maintaining your relationship with us, you consent to any personal information we collect about you being used and disclosed in the manner set out below:
- For our internal operations (including accounting, risk management, record keeping, development and testing, staff training and compliance monitoring);
- To help us to develop, establish and administer arrangements with other organisations in relation to the administration and use of products and services that they, or we provide to you;
- For research in relation to products and services.
We may also use and disclose your personal information for the following additional services:
- To help us develop, identify and inform you of other products and services that may interest you;
- To keep you informed of any administration, enhancement or development occurring with Vetcentric, to ensure you are aware of any changes which may affect our delivery of, or your ability to use the site;
- To help us develop, establish and administer arrangements with other organisations in relation to the promotion, administration and use of such other products and services;
- For marketing of products and services (you can tell us not to send you any marketing information if you wish);
- To advise you of special offers which have come to our attention from other providers, which we believe, may be of interest to you.
We will not use your personal information for any purpose which is not related to the products or services we provide to you or for any purpose for which you would not reasonably expect us to use the information.
Will Your Personal Information Be Given to Anyone Else?
We may provide your personal information to our product providers in which you or your clients have either expressed an interest, or requested to utilise. For the avoidance of doubt, we do not sell, trade or rent personal information we have collected about you to third parties.
Security of Personal Information
We take steps to protect the security of the personal information we have collected from you. Our IT systems are password protected and we frequently update our anti virus software in order to protect our systems and the data contained in them from computer viruses.
Access and Correction
You have the right to seek access to any of your personal information collected by us. You also have the right to ask us to update or correct your personal information when it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Online Privacy Issues
Like most websites, our website generates statistics about how many people visit our site and what they look at. We use web logs and cookies to do this. Generally this information will not identify you.
If our website contains a link to other websites you should be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We suggest that you review the privacy practices of each site you visit.
Additional Privacy Information